Being a nail technician is a rewarding job—making people happy by helping their nails be healthy and beautiful is what you do. While this is a fun career, there are also a few risks associated with it.
At Beauty and Bodywork Insurance, we know you do your best as a trained professional to avoid accidents, however, they can still happen. Having nail tech insurance provides a financial safety net in case one of your clients ever gets injured. Whether you’re renting a booth at a salon or working out of your home, you’ll need to have an insurance policy in place. We’re here to explain everything you need to know about insurance for nail technicians.
Common Nail Tech Accidents
There are several different accidents that can happen while on the job. If you don’t thoroughly clean one of your tools and your next client contracts an infection, you can be held liable for that. If you are buffing a client’s nail and accidentally snag the skin, you can be held responsible for any medical bills. If a client slips on your equipment and falls, you can also be held liable.
These three examples are just a few examples of what could go wrong in a nail salon, which is why you’ll want a nail tech insurance policy to help protect you.
What is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage arising out of premises, operations, products, or completed operations. It may also provide coverage for personal and advertising injury claims.
What is Professional Liability Insurance?
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance, is designed to protect you from claims that a professional service you provided resulted in physical or financial harm to a client.
Nail Tech Insurance From BBI
Beauty and Bodywork Insurance provides affordable, quality insurance for tens of thousands of beauty professionals nationwide. For more than a decade, we have been working to help beauty professionals litigate claims, access niche policies personalized for individual business needs, and grow clientele.
The Nail Tech BBI Insurance policy offers you:
- General and Professional Liability ($3,000,000)
- Under a Nail Insurance policy, general liability can protect your business or salon from paying for third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. Common claims include trip-and-fall accidents and accidental damage done to a place of business or a client’s personal property.
- Products and Completed Operations ($3,000,000)
- This part of the policy covers liability arising out of the insured’s business operations conducted away from the insured’s premises, once those operations have been completed or abandoned.
- Personal and Advertising Injury (Included)
- Personal injury includes malicious prosecution; wrongful eviction; slander; libel; and invasion of privacy. Advertising injury insures offenses in connection with advertising of goods or services as well as libel, slander, invasion of privacy, and copyright infringement.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You ($300,000)
- If you run your nail salon out of a rented space or you rent a booth, you need insurance that protects you from paying for damages you may cause to that space.
If you have additional questions or any concerns, feel free to contact one of our agents at 877-536-7290. We’re always happy to help! You can never go wrong by playing it safe. Purchase a nail tech insurance policy today through Beauty and Bodywork Insurance here.