SPORTS MASSAGE INSURANCE
Playing sports is a great way to have fun and stay healthy. Athletes schedule an appointment with their sports massage therapist to help rehabilitate injuries as well as prevent future incidents from occurring. Mistakes can happen and without sports massage insurance, these mistakes could cost you thousands of dollars.
Sports Massage Insurance
Set up a reminder for the day you want to purchase. No pressure. No hassles.
Give us a call and let our licensed agents help you.
BBI is the coverage you need
Your clients have come to you because they trust that you can help rehabilitate their injuries. But making a client’s injury worse is also a possibility. These injuries can lead to a suit that could have a significant impact on your bottom line.
What if a client comes to you to relieve tension and they claim you caused an injury? Or what if a client walks into your salon and trips and hits their head on a table? You may be facing a financially crippling situation if your client was injured and decided to sue.
Purchasing a Beauty and Bodywork Insurance (BBI) policy provides both professional sports massage therapists and students the general and professional liability coverage they need at an affordable price.
What is sports massage insurance?
Sports massage insurance protects your business from liability claims stemming from your work reducing muscle pain and improving recovery. Better known as public liability insurance, these claims can include bodily injury, property damage, and more.
Our sports massage insurance coverage includes:
- General & professional liability
- Products & completed operations
- Personal & advertising injury
- Damage to premises rented to you.
It can also include tools and supplies coverage to help to cover any damages to the equipment that helps you maximize athletes’ recovery and performance.
Do I need a sports massage insurance policy?
We would highly recommend having insurance as a sports massage therapist.Sports massages are tailored to the individual’s needs. A technique like gliding that works for one athlete could cause a negative reaction with another. It’s better to be safe and protected rather than worry about the burden of accidents without insurance. Also, many owners and franchises require sports massage therapy insurance before hiring or contracting with them. It’s best to check with them and consider your own needs and risks.
Get a policy today
Join the thousands of beauty professionals nationwide who have found peace of mind by purchasing liability coverage from BBI.
General & professional liability limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
-False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
-Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
-Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
-Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
-The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
i. Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions. If you would like to see a sample policy, please contact us.
Cupping therapy is an ancient practice that provides relief from sore muscles and is utilized by competitive athletes around the world. BBI now offers cupping therapy insurance for massage therapists and other bodywork professionals.
For just $35, you can add the cupping therapy endorsement to your BBI policy. Current BBI clients can purchase this endorsement from their dashboard. New BBI customers can simply select the cupping therapy endorsement when purchasing their policy. Please note the cupping therapy endorsement excludes wet or fire cupping.
Common Sports Massage Insurance Coverage Questions
Included in a standard sports massage insurance policy:
- General Liability Insurance
- This policy covers third-party claims of bodily injury and property damage. It can help pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages awarded in a lawsuit.
- Professional Liability Insurance
- This policy covers claims of professional misconduct, such as sexual harassment. It can also help protect you if you’re accused of causing physical harm to a client. For instance, if your massage accidentally injures an athlete more and results in additional treatment, you’d be covered.
- Personal and Advertising Injury
- This coverage can help protect you if you’re accused of libel, slander, or false advertising.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You
- This coverage can help reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- If you’re a mobile massage therapist, this coverage helps protect you while on the road.
Additionally, you can opt to include the additional coverages:
- Cupping Endorsement
- This covers claims arising from the use of cupping therapy.
- Fitness Trainer Endorsement
- This coverage is needed if you plan to include some form of fitness training such as yoga, dance, or personal training into your work with athletes.
- Acupuncture Endorsement
- This coverage can help protect you if acupuncture needles injure a client.
- Supplies & Tools Coverage
- Also called Inland Marine insurance, this policy covers the cost of replacing lost or damaged supplies and tools, such as massage tables and oils.
- Additional Insureds
- You may need to add additional insureds, such as your employer or the owner of the space where you work. When you add a person, event, or organization to your sports massage therapy insurance policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- If you collect or store customer information – names, addresses, even payment information – and that information is stolen or compromised, your business could be held liable. Cyber Liability insurance can protect you from paying hefty fees, judgements, legal cost, fines, and processor fees that you become legally liable to pay.
With BBI, insurance for sports massage professionals starts at $96 per year. Our policy includes $3 million in general & professional liability coverage.
Beyond your standard policy, you can customize your sports massage therapy insurance to fit your needs. For instance:
- This policy offers you the ability to add one additional insured for $15 or unlimited for $30. Doing so offers protection if they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss or claim as a result of your practice.
- If you plan on including other activities, you can add endorsements. For instance, you can add fitness trainer coverage for $33.
- For $13, you can get $2,000 in coverage for your tools and supplies in case of damage or theft.
The best part? Your application can be completed in ten minutes or less. Please note you will not qualify for coverage under these prices if your services include any of the excluded methods listed on our site. BBI does not offer monthly payments for sports massage liability insurance.
Who we are
The Bodywork Insurance Program was launched in the Fall of 2012 by Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC.
Veracity Insurance Solutions
Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC is the program administrator and general agent for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance. Veracity began focusing on specialty general liability, product liability and program business insurance in 2002. Since then, they have been involved in the creation and ongoing administration of over 20 different association-based and Risk Purchasing Group programs. Located just South of Salt Lake City, Veracity is committed to providing each client the best price and service possible. With over 40,000 small business accounts serviced, Veracity’s team has the experience and expertise necessary to meet your needs.
Great American Insurance Group
Great American Insurance Company is committed to helping individuals and businesses secure a healthy financial future. Since 1872, their insurance operations have been providing insurance products and services tailored to meet the specific and ever-changing needs of their customers.
Their lead insurer, Great American Insurance Company, is rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best. (Rating affirmed February 21, 2014)
With over 250 types of massage therapy methods to choose from, we don’t want to restrict to specific types. We believe they are all beneficial. With a BBI policy, all modalities are covered on one policy, for one low price. Some of the most popular types of methods include: