DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE INSURANCE
Whether it’s to relieve stress or lower blood pressure, people come to you to receive a deep tissue massage. Your expertise allows them to come away from the experience feeling better than when they came in. However, mistakes can happen and without deep tissue massage therapy insurance these mistakes could cost you thousands of dollars.
Deep Tissue Massage Insurance
Set up a reminder for the day you want to purchase. No pressure. No hassles.
Give us a call and let our licensed agents help you.
BBI is the coverage you need
You have had years of training and practice to be a deep tissue massage therapist, and you are good at your job. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen. What if a client came to your salon with an existing injury and they claim you made it worse? What if a client fell off the table and hit their head? These and other liability claims can be financially crippling for your business.
Beauty and Bodywork Insurance (BBI) offers professionals and students who perform therapeutic deep tissue massage the liability coverage they need. Having deep tissue massage insurance means that you can achieve peace of mind knowing that you have done your part to reduce the financial risks that come with being a massage therapist.
What is Deep Tissue Massage Therapy Insurance?
Deep tissue massage liability insurance, also known as public liability insurance, protects you and your business from liability claims as you treat clients’ chronic pain and muscle and sports-related injuries. These types of claims can include bodily injury, property damage, allergic reactions to oils, and more. Our deep tissue massage insurance coverage includes general & professional liability, products & completed operations, personal & advertising injury, and damage to premises rented to you.
It can also include tools and supplies coverage, also known as Inland Marine, to help to cover any damages to the items that help you treat your clients’ injuries, pain, and stiffness.
How much does deep tissue massage therapist insurance cost?
We offer insurance for deep tissue massage professionals starting at $96 a year. This price includes $3 million in general & professional liability coverage.
There are several factors that may affect the total cost of your deep tissue massage insurance policy. For example, you can add one additional insured for $15 or unlimited for $30. If they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss or claim, they receive protection because of your actions or operations.
A cupping endorsement is available for $35.
For just $13, we’ll provide $2,000 in coverage for your tools and supplies in case of damage or theft.
The best part? Your application can be completed in ten minutes or less. Please note you will not qualify for coverage under these prices if your services include any of the excluded methods listed on our site. BBI does not offer monthly payments for deep tissue massage liability insurance.
Get a policy today
Join the thousands of beauty professionals nationwide who have found peace of mind by purchasing liability coverage from BBI.
General & professional liability limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
-False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
-Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
-Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
-Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
-The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
i. Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions. If you would like to see a sample policy, please contact us.
Cupping therapy is an ancient practice that provides relief from sore muscles and is utilized by competitive athletes around the world. BBI now offers cupping therapy insurance for massage therapists and other bodywork professionals.
For just $35, you can add the cupping therapy endorsement to your BBI policy. Current BBI clients can purchase this endorsement from their dashboard. New BBI customers can simply select the cupping therapy endorsement when purchasing their policy. Please note the cupping therapy endorsement excludes wet or fire cupping.
Common Deep tissue Massage Therapist Insurance Coverage Questions
Our insurance for deep tissue massage therapists includes an option to add the endorsement for $35 within the app. With a few simple clicks, you’re covered! You can also add it after purchase in your user dashboard.
The base BBI policy doesn’t cover cupping. If you plan on including any cupping within your deep tissue massage practice, the cupping endorsement will protect you from any cupping-related claims.
Included in a standard deep tissue massage liability insurance policy:
- General Liability Insurance
- This policy covers third-party claims of bodily injury and property damage. It can help pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages awarded in a lawsuit.
- Professional Liability Insurance
- This policy covers claims of professional misconduct, such as sexual harassment. It can also help protect you if you’re accused of causing physical harm to a client. For instance, if your elbow slips while applying pressure and you aggravate an injury more, you’d be covered.
- Personal and Advertising Injury
- This coverage can help protect you if you’re accused of libel, slander, or false advertising.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You
- This coverage can help reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- If you’re a mobile deep tissue massage therapist, this coverage helps protect you while on the road.
You can upgrade your base deep tissue massage liability insurance with the following additional coverages:
- Cupping Endorsement
- This covers claims arising from the use of cupping therapy.
- Fitness Trainer Endorsement
- This coverage is needed if you plan to include some form of fitness training such as yoga, dance, or personal training into your business operations.
- Acupuncture Endorsement
- Acupuncture is often used in massage therapy. This coverage can help protect you if acupuncture needles injure a client.
- Supplies & Tools Coverage
- Also called Inland Marine insurance, this policy covers the cost of replacing lost or damaged supplies and tools, such as massage tables and oils.
- Additional Insureds
- You may need to add additional insureds, such as your employer or the owner of the space where you work. When you add a person, event, or organization to your deep tissue massage therapy insurance policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- If you collect or store customer information – names, addresses, even payment information – and that information is stolen or compromised, your business could be held liable. Cyber Liability insurance can protect you from paying hefty fees, judgements, legal cost, fines, and processor fees that you become legally liable to pay.
To read about these coverage options in detail, take a look at our blog on What’s in a BBI Professional Liability policy.
Tools and equipment coverage isn’t included in the base insurance policy for deep tissue massage therapists. We offer $2,000 of coverage for $13. You can easily add it to your policy within the application.
If you’re planning on taking your deep tissue massage business on the road, Beauty and Bodywork Insurance has you covered. A BBI deep tissue massage insurance policy includes mobile insurance, allowing you to take your services directly to your clients instead of working in a salon, all while having coverage. This means all of our self-employed deep tissue massage therapists will be protected anytime they go see a client.
Who we are
The Bodywork Insurance Program was launched in the Fall of 2012 by Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC.
Veracity Insurance Solutions
Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC is the program administrator and general agent for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance. Veracity began focusing on specialty general liability, product liability and program business insurance in 2002. Since then, they have been involved in the creation and ongoing administration of over 20 different association-based and Risk Purchasing Group programs. Located just South of Salt Lake City, Veracity is committed to providing each client the best price and service possible. With over 40,000 small business accounts serviced, Veracity’s team has the experience and expertise necessary to meet your needs.
Great American Insurance Group
Great American Insurance Company is committed to helping individuals and businesses secure a healthy financial future. Since 1872, their insurance operations have been providing insurance products and services tailored to meet the specific and ever-changing needs of their customers.
Their lead insurer, Great American Insurance Company, is rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best. (Rating affirmed February 21, 2014)
With over 250 types of massage therapy methods to choose from, we don’t want to restrict to specific types. We believe they are all beneficial. With a BBI policy, all modalities are covered on one policy, for one low price. Some of the most popular types of methods include: