Thai Massage Insurance
Thai massage practices are intended to improve the overall well-being of your clients. While working on the hard surface of the floor and manually stretching your clients, there are potential hazards that can occur. Thai massage insurance can help protect your business assets in the event of an accident.
Thai Massage Insurance
Set up a reminder for the day you want to purchase. No pressure. No hassles.
Give us a call and let our licensed agents help you.
BBI is the coverage you need
The benefits of receiving a Thai Massage are immeasurable. Despite your training, you are still at risk for third party claims and other mishaps. What if a client claims that during a guided stretch you cracked a bone and impinged a nerve? What if a client bumped their head in your spa and had to go to the doctor? If incidents like these happen, you may be required to pay damages or legal fees.
Our Beauty and Bodywork Insurance (BBI) policy provides professional Thai massage therapists insurance at an affordable price. Professional Thai massage therapists can purchase massage therapy insurance for $96. You are eligible to purchase this coverage, but there are excluded methods listed on our site you will want to review.
What is Thai massage insurance?
Thai massage insurance is liability insurance that protects your business while you work. Thai massages aim to lower stress, boost energy, and improve athletic performance. Sometimes referred to as public liability insurance, it covers you for claims stemming from your work like bodily injury, property damage, allergic reactions to oils, and more.
BBI’s Thai massage insurance coverage includes:
- General & professional liability
- Products & completed operations
- Personal & advertising injury
- Damage to premises rented to you.
Additionally, you can add tools and supplies coverage to help to cover any damages to the equipment you use to help clients feel mentally and physically restored.
How much does Thai massage liability insurance cost?
BBI’s insurance for Thai massage professionals, which includes $3 million in general & professional liability coverage, starts at $96 per year.
The final price of your Thai massage insurance policy depends on how you want to customize it. For example, you can add one additional insured for $15 or unlimited for $30. If they are named in a lawsuit because of your actions or operations, they can be protected from that claim.
You can add additional endorsements depending on if you offer more than basic Thai massages. For instance, a cupping endorsement is available for $35.
For just $13, we’ll provide $2,000 in coverage for your tools and supplies in case of damage or theft.
Get peace of mind and turn the focus back on your massage in 10 minutes or less. Please note you will not qualify for coverage under these prices if your services include any of the excluded methods listed on our site. BBI does not offer monthly payments for Thai massage liability insurance.
Get a policy today
Join the thousands of beauty professionals nationwide who have found peace of mind by purchasing liability coverage from BBI.
General & professional liability limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
-False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
-Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
-Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
-Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
-The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
The maximum the insurance carrier will pay for a bodily injury or property damage claim that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
i. Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions. If you would like to see a sample policy, please contact us.
Cupping therapy is an ancient practice that provides relief from sore muscles and is utilized by competitive athletes around the world. BBI now offers cupping therapy insurance for massage therapists and other bodywork professionals.
For just $35, you can add the cupping therapy endorsement to your BBI policy. Current BBI clients can purchase this endorsement from their dashboard. New BBI customers can simply select the cupping therapy endorsement when purchasing their policy. Please note the cupping therapy endorsement excludes wet or fire cupping.
Common Thai Massage Insurance Coverage Questions
What’s Included in Thai Massage Insurance?
Included in a standard Thai massage insurance policy:
- General Liability Insurance
- This policy covers third-party claims of bodily injury and property damage. It can help pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages awarded in a lawsuit.
- Professional Liability Insurance
- This policy covers claims of professional misconduct, such as sexual harassment. It can also help protect you if you’re accused of causing physical harm to a client while manipulating a client’s body into different positions.
- Personal and Advertising Injury
- This coverage can help protect you if you’re accused of libel, slander, or false advertising.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You
- This coverage can help reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- If you’re a mobile Thai massage therapist, this coverage helps protect you while on the road.
What Additional Coverages Can Be Added to a Thai Massage Insurance Policy?
Additionally, you can opt to include the additional coverages:
- Cupping Endorsement
- This covers claims arising from the use of cupping therapy.
- Fitness Trainer Endorsement
- This coverage is needed if you plan to include some form of fitness training such as yoga, dance, or personal training into your business operations.
- Acupuncture Endorsement
- Acupuncture is often used in massage therapy. This coverage can help protect you if acupuncture needles injure a client.
- Supplies & Tools Coverage
- Also called Inland Marine insurance, this policy covers the cost of replacing lost or damaged supplies and tools, such as massage tables and oils.
- Additional Insureds
- You may need to add additional insureds, such as your employer or the owner of the space where you work. When you add a person, event, or organization to your Thai massage therapy insurance policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- If you collect or store customer information – names, addresses, even payment information – and that information is stolen or compromised, your business could be held liable. Cyber Liability insurance can protect you from paying hefty fees, judgements, legal cost, fines, and processor fees that you become legally liable to pay.
Who we are
The Bodywork Insurance Program was launched in the Fall of 2012 by Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC.
Veracity Insurance Solutions
Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC is the program administrator and general agent for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance. Veracity began focusing on specialty general liability, product liability and program business insurance in 2002. Since then, they have been involved in the creation and ongoing administration of over 20 different association-based and Risk Purchasing Group programs. Located just South of Salt Lake City, Veracity is committed to providing each client the best price and service possible. With over 40,000 small business accounts serviced, Veracity’s team has the experience and expertise necessary to meet your needs.
Great American Insurance Group
Great American Insurance Company is committed to helping individuals and businesses secure a healthy financial future. Since 1872, their insurance operations have been providing insurance products and services tailored to meet the specific and ever-changing needs of their customers.
Their lead insurer, Great American Insurance Company, is rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best. (Rating affirmed February 21, 2014)
With over 250 types of massage therapy methods to choose from, we don’t want to restrict to specific types. We believe they are all beneficial. With a BBI policy, all modalities are covered on one policy, for one low price. Some of the most popular types of methods include: