Swedish Massage Insurance
Getting a Swedish massage is one of the best ways to relieve stress and relax muscles, and is helpful for rehabilitating injuries. When a client comes to you, they are hoping you can use your skills to help them feel better. But things go wrong, and without massage insurance, your business could be exposed to financial deficits.
Swedish Massage Insurance
Set up a reminder for the day you want to purchase. No pressure. No hassles.
Give us a call and let our licensed agents help you.
BBI is the coverage you need
While injuring a client is rare, the odds are good that at some point in your career a client will claim you injured, or in some cases re-injured them. Liability risks include a client falling off the table or tripping in your salon resulting in injury. If these, or other incidents like them happen, you could be forced to pay their medical expenses out of your own pocket.
Purchasing Swedish massage insurance from Beauty & Bodywork Insurance (BBI), shields you from risks that come with being in the business.
What is Swedish massage insurance?
Also known as public liability insurance, Swedish massage liability insurance protects you and your business from liability claims. You aim to release muscle tension and promote relaxation. But some patients may react poorly to your methods. For example, if a client suffers an allergic reaction from the lotion you use while performing the effleurage technique, our Swedish massage insurance covers you.
Coverage includes general & professional liability, products & completed operations, personal & advertising injury, and damage to premises rented to you. You can add tools and supplies coverage to help to cover any damages to the equipment that helps you relax clients, stimulate nerve endings, increase blood flow, and more.
What is included in Swedish massage insurance?
Included in a standard Swedish massage insurance policy:
- General Liability Insurance
- This policy covers third-party claims of bodily injury and property damage. It can help pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages awarded in a lawsuit.
- Professional Liability Insurance
- This policy covers claims of professional misconduct, such as sexual harassment. It can also help protect you if you’re accused of causing physical harm to a client. For instance, while kneading a client looking to relieve stress from work, you may slip and injure a muscle. Professional liability would cover you.
- Personal and Advertising Injury
- This coverage can help protect you if you’re accused of libel, slander, or false advertising.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You
- This coverage can help reimburse you for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged property.
- If you’re a mobile Swedish massage therapist, this coverage helps protect you while on the road.
Get a policy today
Join the thousands of beauty professionals nationwide who have found peace of mind by purchasing liability coverage from BBI.
General & professional liability limits
The most your policy will pay in a 12 month policy period for bodily injury and property damage claims that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
The maximum amount your policy will pay in a 12-month period for bodily injury and property damage claims that result from the products you use to perform your services. However, it does not cover products that are sold or distributed.
The amount that your policy will pay for claims arising out of one or more of the following offenses:
-False Arrest, detention or imprisonment
-Wrongful Eviction or Wrongful Entry
-Oral or written publications that slander or libels a person or organization
-Oral or written publication or material that violates a person’s right of privacy
-The use of another’s advertising idea in your advertisement
The maximum the insurance carrier will pay for a bodily injury or property damage claim that you become legally obligated to pay due to your business and professional services.
Applies to damage by fire to premises rented to the insured and to damage regardless of cause to premises (including contents) occupied by the insured for 7 days or less.
i. Please note these are brief definitions of coverage. Your policy may be more restrictive in its language. Refer to the actual policy for a complete description of coverages and exclusions. If you would like to see a sample policy, please contact us.
Cupping therapy is an ancient practice that provides relief from sore muscles and is utilized by competitive athletes around the world. BBI now offers cupping therapy insurance for massage therapists and other bodywork professionals.
For just $35, you can add the cupping therapy endorsement to your BBI policy. Current BBI clients can purchase this endorsement from their dashboard. New BBI customers can simply select the cupping therapy endorsement when purchasing their policy. Please note the cupping therapy endorsement excludes wet or fire cupping.
Common Swedish Massage Insurance Coverage Questions
What Additional Coverages Can Be Added to a Swedish Massage Insurance Policy?
Additionally, you can opt to include the additional coverages to your Swedish massage liability insurance:
- Cupping Endorsement
- This covers claims arising from the use of cupping therapy.
- Fitness Trainer Endorsement
- This coverage is needed if you plan to include some form of fitness training such as yoga, dance, or personal training into your massage operations.
- Acupuncture Endorsement
- This coverage can help protect you if acupuncture needles injure a client.
- Supplies & Tools Coverage
- Also called Inland Marine insurance, this covers the cost of replacing lost or damaged supplies and tools, such as massage tables and oils.
- Additional Insureds
- You may need to add additional insureds, such as your employer or the owner of the space where you work. When you add a person, event, or organization to your Swedish massage therapy insurance policy as an additional insured, they receive protection if they are named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss/claim because of your actions or operations.
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- If you collect or store customer information – names, addresses, even payment information – and that information is stolen or compromised, your business could be held liable. Cyber Liability insurance can protect you from paying hefty fees, judgements, legal cost, fines, and processor fees that you become legally liable to pay.
How Much Does Swedish Massage Insurance Cost?
You can get Insurance for Swedish massage starting at $96 per year. The base policy includes $3 million in general & professional liability coverage.
The final cost of your Swedish massage insurance policy depends on the additional coverage options you select. Popular coverages include:
Add one additional insured for $15 or unlimited for $30. An additional insured is protected if named in a lawsuit due to a covered business-related loss or claim. Spa owners usually require you to name them as an additional insured.
A cupping endorsement is available for $35. If you plan on using any cupping techniques, you need this endorsement. Otherwise, it is not included in the base policy.
Tools & supplies coverage, also known as Inland Marine insurance, costs just $13 and offers $2,000 in protection in case of damage or theft. A $100 deductible applies per occurrence.
Complete your application in ten minutes or less and your coverage starts immediately. Please note you will not qualify for coverage under these prices if your services include any of the excluded methods listed on our site. BBI does not offer monthly payments for Swedish massage liability insurance.
How Can I Add a Cupping Therapy or Microcurrent Insurance Endorsements to My Current Policy?
Our insurance for Swedish massage therapists includes an option to add either endorsement for $35 within the app, at any time. You can also add it after you purchase your policy within the user dashboard. With a few simple clicks, you’re covered!
Who we are
The Bodywork Insurance Program was launched in the Fall of 2012 by Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC.
Veracity Insurance Solutions
Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC is the program administrator and general agent for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance. Veracity began focusing on specialty general liability, product liability and program business insurance in 2002. Since then, they have been involved in the creation and ongoing administration of over 20 different association-based and Risk Purchasing Group programs. Located just South of Salt Lake City, Veracity is committed to providing each client the best price and service possible. With over 40,000 small business accounts serviced, Veracity’s team has the experience and expertise necessary to meet your needs.
Great American Insurance Group
Great American Insurance Company is committed to helping individuals and businesses secure a healthy financial future. Since 1872, their insurance operations have been providing insurance products and services tailored to meet the specific and ever-changing needs of their customers.
Their lead insurer, Great American Insurance Company, is rated “A+” (Superior) by A.M. Best. (Rating affirmed February 21, 2014)
With over 250 types of massage therapy methods to choose from, we don’t want to restrict to specific types. We believe they are all beneficial. With a BBI policy, all modalities are covered on one policy, for one low price. Some of the most popular types of methods include: