Massage therapy provides rejuvenation and relief to sore muscles, but providing that therapy may present legal and financial risks to massage therapists.
Here are some examples from real claims BBI has received:
- One client said that her massage therapist caused nerve damage and severe pain, possibly due to too much pressure during the massage.
- Another client received second degree burns from hot stones.
- One therapist had her client fall out of her massage chair and hit her head on the door.
Each of these situations resulted in lawsuits and medical claims. If these incidents happened to you while you were providing your massage therapy services, could you afford to pay legal and medical expenses?
This is why massage therapy insurance is so essential to your practice. Without massage therapy insurance, you could be held liable for thousands of dollars.
Massage Therapy Insurance Provides Financial Relief When You Need It Most
Take a minute and assess your massage therapy practice. What risks do you face in your day to day operations?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What if my client claimed they were injured while receiving my services and sued me?
- If a client tripped and injured themselves while in my spa or clinic, could I pay for their medical expenses?
- Could I replace my massage table, oils, and other materials if they were stolen?
- Do I have coverage if my oils or massage tools stained an article of clothing or destroyed property?
Massage therapy insurance that includes general & professional liability, business personal property, and property damage coverage may help protect you financially from mishaps, lawsuits, or other claims.
Benefits of Massage Therapy Insurance
Having massage therapy insurance through BBI provides peace of mind and financial protection. It also provides additional benefits, including:
- Professional credibility
- Coverage for multiple methods or modalities from one policy
- The ability to add additional insureds such as salons or spas for a small fee
- 24/7 access to policy documents
- Coverage in all 50 states, so your insurance goes where you go
- Instant coverage through our no quote, online application
- Quality insurance from an “A+ Rated” insurance carrier
Also, if you practice in a state that requires liability insurance for license renewals, a BBI policy will fulfill these requirements.
If you have questions, our customer service representatives are waiting to help you. Call us today at 888-568-0548 or email us at email@example.com.