Cosmetology is one of the few careers that allows you to both help people and immediately see the results of your work, but while being a cosmetologist can be an incredibly rewarding career, it’s also a career that comes with risks.
Here are a few third-party injuries that a cosmetologist could be held responsible for:
- Slip and fall injuries in the cosmetologist’s workspace
- Cuts or scratches caused by mistakes while cutting hair
- Burns to a client's head or neck by a curling iron or blow dryer
- Injury caused by a weave or hair coloring being done incorrectly
- Harm caused by adverse reactions to products applied incorrectly by the cosmetologist
Cosmetologists work hard to avoid these kinds of problems and give their clients a great experience, but if a mistake happens or if a client blames you for harm or injury, you’ll be glad to have the protection of liability insurance. Insurance can save you from the expense of a lawsuit and help you pay for the legal assistance you need to protect your license.
The fact is that your work has a significant impact on your clients, and you need protection against the risks that come with this responsibility.
BWI is a great option for cosmetologists looking for liability insurance. Click here to find out more about our program