Giving gifts for Christmas can be just as fun as getting them, especially when you give a gift that the person is sure to love. Sometimes the gift is a treasured heirloom, sometimes the gift has to do with the person’s hobby, and sometimes it has to do with the person’s job.
If you are shopping for a family member or friend who is a massage therapist, it can be difficult to know exactly what that person wants. Well, we’re here to help. We compiled a list of gifts that massage therapists might have on their wishlist this holiday season. Taking these gifts and making them even more personal might just make you the perfect gift giver this Christmas.
- Magazine Subscriptions: Having a magazine come in the mail each month is a gift that continues all year long. The magazines obviously should be those that your MT friend or family member will enjoy, whether it has to do with massage therapy or some other hobby. If you need an idea, consider Massage Today.
- Gift Baskets: Gift baskets are a great way to get a MT lots of different items they will enjoy. There are a lot of different baskets to choose from as well. Some gift baskets are full of food and tasty treats. Others include everything the person needs to pamper themselves.
- Massage Oils: This gift is one that you need to be careful with. Some MTs only use certain oils or particular brands. If you go with this option for a gift idea, try to find out which massage oil your MT prefers. Just going out and randomly buying oils is probably not the best idea.
- Music: Many massage therapists have music in the background while they are giving massages. Music is a also great way to help their clients relax. And the music doesn’t just have to be for the MT’s job either. CDs and iTunes cards can be a great gift idea.
- Mugs, Shirts, Bumper Stickers, etc.: If you go online, you can find many different fun (and funny) sayings about MTs that you can put on shirts, mugs, bumper stickers and lots of other items. These gifts need to be shipped, so you should make sure you have ordered them in time for the them to get to your MT in time for Christmas.
- Business Cards: Sometimes companies the MT works for will provide business cards, but most of the time the MT is an independent contractor and need to get cards on their own. It might be best to just buy the business cards and let the MT put in the information and design them the way they want.
- Massage Table: This gift might be out or your budget, but a MT would certainly appreciate having their own massage table. As with other gifts, this one might be best if you allow the MT to choose the one they want.
- Donating to a Charity: If you would like to give money to a charity in the MT’s name as a gift, there are many to choose from. To make the gift more personal, find a cause or foundation that the MT has expressed interest in and send that group the money. It is usually a good idea to do some research on the charity to make sure your money really is going to a worthwhile cause.
- Things to Decorate Their Workplace: Paintings and other art are a great way to decorate a massage room. One of the great things about a gift like this is that you can spend as little or as much as you would like. And it is also possible to personalize the gift to the MT by finding out the types of art he or she likes.
- A Gift That Has Nothing to Do with Massage Therapy: If you are a family member or close friend of a massage therapist, you likely have a good idea of what he or she likes. The gifts you get them don’t always have to be related to the massage industry. Movies, clothes, jewelry, and even sports memorabilia are just a few ideas to start with.
- Bonus: A Massage Therapy Liability Insurance Policy!
Do you agree with our lists? Do you have other gift ideas that you’d like to add? Please comment below.
Note: The links above are provided with the understanding that we do not endorse or stand behind any product mentioned, and we are not affiliated with the brands or stores in any way. The links are simply to help you see the product and get an idea for what the gift could look like.
BY LYNDSEY LARSEN
Lyndsey Larsen is the Marketing Manager for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance and writes about business, marketing, entrepreneurship, and insurance.
Lyndsey Larsen is an experienced writer with a background in corporate communications and nonprofits, SAAS corporations, and nutraceutical companies. She has previously worked as a journalist for regional and national publications. In her spare time, she enjoys chasing butterflies, rockhounding, and spending time with her two kids in Utah’s mountains or deserts. Find Lyndsey on LinkedIn.