Most of the time, massage therapists love their career and working with their clients. However, like any other job, massage therapy comes with unique challenges. We asked our followers to name problems that only massage therapists really understand, and here’s what they said:
1. When a client only pays for a Swedish, and then says you can go as hard as you want.
2. When you ask a client to get undressed and get under the sheet only to find that when you come back in the room, they are buck naked spread eagle on top of the blanket.
3. When they start to undress before you have left the room, dropping their robe, and you see more than you bargained for.
4. When a client is constantly moving around on the table.
5. When a client keeps shorts on, and then tries to move them out of the way mid-massage.
6. When you know your client’s dirty little secrets, like when they buy a gift certificate for their wife and their girlfriend.
7. When a client acts like you are not a professional because you’re not a doctor.
8. When someone sees you leave the office with a laundry basket full of sheets and says, "I got some laundry you can do, too!"
9. When they don't put their back issues on the intake form. Then when you ask about the surgical scar they say, "You’re not really a professional, so I didn't think it mattered."
10. When they want a foot massage and have a fungus on their toes.
11. When a client doesn’t show and doesn’t call.
12. When a male client "jokes" about happy endings.
Thanks for your submissions, everyone!
What do you think of these? Have something to add? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page!