4 Benefits of Hairstylist Insurance
Becoming a professional hairstylist requires dedication to learning your trade. First, you must complete a training program that dives into the science of hair coloring, cutting, shampooing and styling to become licensed. During your time training, you should have student hairstylist insurance. And once you've completed your program, you'll need professional hairstylist insurance to protect you in the event things go wrong.
Discover four unique benefits of BBI's hairstylist insurance below.
General and Professional Liability Coverage
What’s the difference between general and professional liability? And, do you need both?
Yes, hairstylists need both. General and professional liability insurance together provide the in-depth coverage you need to protect your business.
A general liability insurance policy covers you in the event that a third party sues you for bodily injury, damage to property, and advertising injury. The policy typically covers legal fees and costs associated with settlements.
A professional liability insurance policy covers unique lawsuits hairstylists may face. These may include claims of mistakes while performing your work or negligent services.
When you purchase a policy through BBI, you have access to a unique tool hairstylists can use to boost their credibility-- our online insurance badge. Inserting a BBI Insurance badge on your website signals to customers you are serious about the work you do.
Having a reputable company backing your work provides peace of mind to customers. They know if things go wrong, you have taken the initiative to cover yourself with insurance.
Affordable, High-Quality Coverage
Hairstylist insurance doesn't have to break your bank. In fact, BBI offers insurance for hairstylists at only $96/year. Student hairstylist insurance is as low as $67/year. Our quote-to-certificate process is handled completely online. Plus, you will have access to all of your documents immediately after purchase 24/7.
- General & Professional Liability Aggregate Limit $3,000,000
- Products & Completed Operations Aggregate Limit $3,000,000
- General and Professional Liability - Each Occurrence Limit $2,000,000
- Damage to Premises Rented to You Aggregate Limit $300,000
- Inland Marine/Business Personal Property Aggregate Limit $2,000
Claims We Have #COVERED
- A hairstylist applied a color barrier to the client’s hairline. During the appointment, the barrier melted and got into the client’s eye and scratched her corneas. A claim was filed and BBI covered $3,500.
- A back window of an insured hair stylist's salon was broken into. Several hair supplies, a camera, and hair extensions were stolen. A claim was filed and BBI covered $2,000.
- After a routine visit with their hair stylist, a customer claimed she was experiencing nerve damage on the back of her neck and an allergic reaction to the hair color applied. A claim was filed and BBI covered $1,500.
- A customer complained the extensions applied to their hair made their appearance worse. A claim was filed and BBI covered $200.
How Do You Buy?
Obtain quality coverage as well as all the aforementioned benefits through purchasing hairstylist insurance today!
By Lyndsey Larsen
Lyndsey Larsen is the Marketing Manager for Beauty & Bodywork Insurance and writes about business, marketing, entrepreneurship, and insurance.
Lyndsey Larsen is an experienced writer with a background in corporate communications and nonprofits, SAAS corporations, and nutraceutical companies. She has previously worked as a journalist for regional and national publications. In her spare time, she enjoys chasing butterflies, rockhounding, and spending time with her two kids in Utah's mountains or deserts. Find Lyndsey on LinkedIn.