Massage therapists are respected and important professionals who work hard to improve the lives of their clients, but sometimes well-meaning people say exactly the wrong thing to the massage therapists in their lives.
With the help of our Facebook followers, we’ve put together a list of all the wrong things to say to a massage therapist. Enjoy!
10 Things You Shouldn't Say to a Massage Therapist
- “I have just this one little problem spot, so could you, you know, just work on it real quick for me? For free?”
- “Your spouse must love all those free massages.”
- “I once had a massage where they did _________ or _________. Why don’t you do that?”
- “Do I need to be covered?”
- “If it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t work.”
- “My _________ is a massage therapist too! She just took some online classes to become one. Is that how you got your training too?”
- “Do you enjoy being a masseuse?”
- “Did you go to school for this?”
- “I give great massages too. I should start charging people.”
- “Your job looks so easy.”
Thanks everyone for your submissions!
Do you have one that can be added to this list? Let us know about it on our Facebook page!