Top 10 Things Not to Say to a Massage Therapist
Massage therapists are respected and important professionals who work hard to improve the lives of their clients, but sometimes well-meaning people say exactly the wrong thing to the massage therapists in their lives.
With the help of our Facebook followers, we’ve put together a list of all the wrong things to say to a massage therapist. Enjoy!
10 Things You Shouldn't Say to a Massage Therapist
- “I have just this one little problem spot, so could you, you know, just work on it real quick for me? For free?”
- “Your spouse must love all those free massages.”
- “I once had a massage where they did _________ or _________. Why don’t you do that?”
- “Do I need to be covered?”
- “If it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t work.”
- “My _________ is a massage therapist too! She just took some online classes to become one. Is that how you got your training too?”
- “Do you enjoy being a masseuse?”
- “Did you go to school for this?”
- “I give great massages too. I should start charging people.”
- “Your job looks so easy.”
Thanks everyone for your submissions!
Learn more about our massage insurance policy!
Do you have one that can be added to this list? Let us know about it on our Facebook page!